Apply for Financial Aid
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
Students must meet the following requirements in order to receive financial aid:
- Be enrolled in or accepted into a degree program or eligible certificate program
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe money back on a federal student grant
- Have demonstrated financial need as determined by your estimated family contribution
- Meet academic standards set by your financial aid award and Cincinnati State’s policy for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- Submit the Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) online at studentaid.gov.
Apply for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID from the U.S. Department of Education. The FSAID serves as your electronic signature. Dependent students will need to have at least one parent obtain an FSAID as well. Use Cincinnati State School code 010345.
- Regularly check your Cincinnati State email for information from the college.
Log in to Cincinnati State MyServices to review the status of your financial aid and to submit forms needed to process your financial aid application.
- If you are interested in student loans, you are required complete the following steps: