Apply for Financial Aid
Students attending Spring 2022/Summer 2022 complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA. Students attending Fall 2022 complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the key form to complete in a timely manner. Each year students can complete the FAFSA beginning October 1 for the next academic year. Some aid programs are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, so complete the FAFSA early. Use the timeline below as a guide.
Dates listed are priority dates to ensure financial aid is in place for the beginning of the semester. Students not meeting the priority dates should still apply for financial aid as soon as possible. These dates are subject to change.
Spring Semester 2022
- FAFSA received at Cincinnati State – December 15, 2021
- All required forms received – January 6, 2022
- Financial Aid Offer processed – January 14, 2022
- Complete Loan Acceptance Form, Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling if accepting loans – January 17, 2022
- Bill Due Date – January 24, 2022
- Financial Aid Disbursed for Full semester classes – February 17, 2022
- Financial Aid Refund Checks mailed – February 24, 2022
- Financial Aid Disbursed for Ten Week classes – March 7, 2022
- Financial Aid Refund Checks mailed – March 14, 2022
- Bookstore purchases using financial aid available from December 1, 2021 to February 25, 2022
Summer Semester 2022
- FAFSA received at Cincinnati State – April 15, 2022
- All required forms received – April 29, 2022
- Financial Aid Offer processed – May 6, 2022
- Complete Loan Acceptance Form, Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling if accepting loans – May 10, 2022
- Bill Due Date – May 15, 2022
- Financial Aid Disbursed for Full semester and ten week classes – June 20, 2022
- Financial Aid Refund Checks mailed – June 27, 2022
- Bookstore purchases using financial aid available from April 1, 2022 to June 13, 2022
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
Students must meet the following requirements in order to receive financial aid:
- Be enrolled in or accepted into a degree program or eligible certificate program
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe money back on a federal student grant
- Have demonstrated financial need as determined by your estimated family contribution
- Meet academic standards set by your financial aid award and Cincinnati State’s policy for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- Submit the Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) online at studentaid.gov.
Apply for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID from the U.S. Department of Education. The FSAID serves as your electronic signature. Dependent students will need to have at least one parent obtain an FSAID as well. Use Cincinnati State School code 010345.
- Regularly check your Cincinnati State email for information from the college.
Log in to Cincinnati State MyServices to review the status of your financial aid and to submit forms needed to process your financial aid application.
- If you are interested in student loans, you are required complete the following steps: