Apply for Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the key form to complete in a timely manner. Each year students should complete the FAFSA prior to January 1 for the next academic year. Some aid programs are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis, so complete the FAFSA early. Use the timeline below as a guide.
Dates listed are priority dates to ensure financial aid is in place for the beginning of the semester. Students not meeting the priority dates should still apply for financial aid as soon as possible. These dates are subject to change.
Fall Semester 2023
- FAFSA received at Cincinnati State – August 1, 2023
- All required forms received – August 15, 2023
- Financial Aid Offer processed – August 20, 2023
- Complete Loan Acceptance Form, Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling if accepting loans – August 21, 2023
- Bill Due Date – September 9, 2023
- Financial Aid Disbursed for Full semester classes – October 2, 2023
- Financial Aid Refund Checks mailed – October 6, 2023
- Financial Aid Disbursed for Ten Week classes – October 16, 2023
- Financial Aid Refund Checks mailed – October 20, 2023
- Bookstore purchases using financial aid – July 7, 2023 to October 6, 2023
Spring Semester 2024
- FAFSA received at Cincinnati State – December 1, 2023
- All required forms received – December 15, 2023
- Financial Aid Offer processed – December 20, 2023
- Complete Loan Acceptance Form, Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling if accepting loans – December 21, 2023
- Bill Due Date – January 22, 2024
- Financial Aid Disbursed for Full semester classes – February 14, 2024
- Financial Aid Refund Checks for Full semester classes mailed – Feb 23, 2024
- Financial Aid Disbursed for Ten Week classes – March 5, 2024
- Financial Aid Refund Checks for Ten Week classes mailed – March 8, 2024
- Bookstore purchases using financial aid – Dec. 1, 2023 to Feb. 23, 2024
Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
Students must meet the following requirements in order to receive financial aid:
- Be enrolled in or accepted into a degree program or eligible certificate program
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe money back on a federal student grant
- Have demonstrated financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Meet academic standards set by your financial aid award and Cincinnati State’s policy for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- Submit the Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) online at studentaid.gov.
Apply for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID from the U.S. Department of Education. The FSAID serves as your electronic signature. Dependent students will need to have at least one parent obtain an FSAID as well. Use Cincinnati State School code 010345.
- Regularly check your Cincinnati State email for information from the college.
Log in to Cincinnati State MyServices than click on Self-Service to review the status of your financial aid and to submit forms needed to process your financial aid application.
- If you are interested in student loans, you are required complete the following steps: