Dear 1 Night, 12 Kitchens Supporters:
On behalf of Cincinnati State, it's Foundation, and the Midwest Culinary Institute (MCI), thank you for your tremendous support for our MCI students and programs through the 1 Night, 12 Kitchens annual event.
We wish we were able to hold this delightful event as planned this Sunday, April 26, 2020. It was to be one of the highlights of our 50th anniversary year celebration. But, as many of you know who generously sponsored this event or purchased tickets, our 16th 1 Night, 12 Kitchens is postponed until Spring 2021.The MCI students that 1 Night, 12 Kitchens benefits still need your support, perhaps more then ever due to the extraordinary challenges caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Many MCI students rely on scholarships to be able to attend college.
- Many MCI students have been laid off or furloughed from their co-op and jobs at local restaurants, caterers, and pastry shops that help pay their living expenses.
- Many MCI students are struggling to pay for food and rent while trying to meet the challenge of completing their coursework remotely.
Cincinnati State is doing everything we can to help MCI students safely stay on course so that they may complete their degree or certificate on time. Your help is urgently needed and will be crucial in that effort, and will also support our regional food and beverage industry:
- Cincinnati State's ability to rapidly upscale the workforce through short-term certificates to degree programs is vital to the economic recovery now, just as it has been in response to every other economic downturn.
- As the local food, beverage and hospitality industry recovers from the sacrifices it has made to fight this pandemic, it will need MCI more than ever in its role as a vital educational partner.
- MCI is now offering a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Culinary and Food Science in response to industry needs.
Thank you for your support of Cincinnati State students, and to all of you who already donated your sponsorship and tickets back as scholarship and program support for them. Our students are the everyday heroes upon which the future of our region is built. Let’s be there for them now so they can play key roles in our economic recovery response.
To support the Midwest Culinary Institute program and student scholarships:
- Go to www.cincinnatistate.edu/give, click “Donate Online Now” and select “1 Night,12 Kitchens / MCI Scholarships and Programs” from the dropdown menu.
- You can also write a check to “Cincinnati State Foundation” noting the purpose “1N12K.” Mail to Cincinnati State Foundation, ATLC 352, 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45223.
If you have any questions of further thoughts feel free to reach out to me or to Alumni Affairs and Development Manager Kim Taylor at Kim.Taylor@cincinnatistate.edu or 513-569-1236.
Thanks again to all of our wonderful patrons of 1 Night, 12 Kitchens. We look forward to seeing you when the event returns. It is your unbreakable generosity through the years that has made MCI and Cincinnati State what it is today, and what it will be in the future.
Elliott V. Ruther
Cincinnati State Chief of Institutional Advancement & Cincinnati State Foundation Executive Director