Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, phone 800-621-7440).
Cincinnati State is an Ohio public institution and its programs of study are approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE). The College is authorized to grant bachelor of applied science degrees, and associate’s degrees in arts, sciences, applied business, applied science, and individualized and technical study.
View Cincinnati State information on the ODHE website
Cincinnati State is a member of the Ohio Association of Community Colleges.
Cincinnati State is authorized by the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education for delivery of the Paramedic Certificate (EMTPC) – Undergraduate Certificate program at its Highland Heights, KY location (Campbell County Fire Protection Training Center, 10 Fire Training Drive, Highland Heights, KY 41076).
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA)
Cincinnati State has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA).
Participation in NC-SARA provides the College with reciprocity to offer online/distance learning programs to residents of other NC-SARA states. Additional information is available at NC-SARA. This information is subject to change.
Accreditation Pathway with HLC
During the 2018-2019 academic year, Cincinnati State transitioned to the Higher Learning Commission’s Standard Pathway for accreditation.
The College’s reaffirmation date for accreditation has been extended to the 2023-2024 academic year, and all future required accrediting pathway activities are being aligned with this reaffirmation date.
Prior to 2018, Cincinnati State’s institutional accreditation followed the AQIP (Academic Quality Improvement Program) Pathway, one of three options institutions had in the past for maintaining accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission.
For more information about HLC Accreditation contact Dr. Denise Rohr, Associate Provost (email@example.com)
- Higher Learning Commission Action Letters 2018-2019
Academic Program Accreditations
The following Cincinnati State academic programs have accreditation, approval, or licensure from professional associations, agencies, and/or governmental bodies.
Professional licensures earned through Cincinnati State are transferable to other states.
For more information, contact the applicable academic program.
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Accreditation Council for Education of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
- American Council for Construction Education
- American Culinary Federation Foundation
- Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in collaboration with The Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
- The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
- Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Therapy
- Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Federal Aviation Administration Approved Aircraft Maintenance Technician School
- Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
- Medical Assisting Education Review Board
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Association of Landscape Professionals
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation, Inc.
- Ohio Board of Nursing
- Ohio Department of Education, Associate PreK Education Licensure Program
- Ohio Department of Education, Division of Vocational Education
- Ohio Department of Higher Education, K-12 Educational Interpreter
- Ohio Department of Public Safety, Department of Emergency Medical Services
- Ohio Division of Real Estate
Academic & Professional Organization Memberships
Cincinnati State demonstrates leadership in education and in the community through membership in these organizations.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers
- American Association of Community Colleges
- American Culinary Federation
- American Society of Allied Health Professionals
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- American Technical Education Association
- Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities
- Association of Food and Nutrition Professionals
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber
- Consortium of College and University Media Centers
- Continuous Quality Improvement Network
- Cooperative Education Association
- Enterprise Ohio Network
- Greater Cincinnati Collegiate Connection (GC3)
- InfoComm International
- Midwest Cooperative Education & Internship Association
- Midwest Institute for International/Intercultural Education
- National Association of College Admission Counseling
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- National Association of Landscape Professionals
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administration
- National Council of Student Development
- National Council on Black American Affairs
- National League for Nursing
- National Network of Health Career Programs in Two-Year Colleges
- North American Council of Automotive Teachers
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Ohio Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers
- Ohio Association of Community Colleges
- Ohio Nursery and Landscape Association
- Ohio Partnership for Excellence (Ohio Baldridge Program)
- Organization for Associate Degree Nursing
- Southwest Ohio Neighboring Libraries
- U.S. Green Building Council
- World Affairs Council
- World Association of Cooperative Education