This certificate is intended for experienced programmers looking to update or retool their skills, or for individuals preparing to enter the Information Technology field who already have a bachelor's degree in a different discipline.
The certificate can be completed in three semesters, and all courses are offered through online education.
Graduates Are Prepared To
- Design and write application software using programming languages .NET or Java.
- Design, develop, and maintain state-of-the-art database management systems using SQL Server and MySQL
- Demonstrate proficiency in business/system analysis and design techniques
Representative Job Titles For Graduates
- Computer Programmer/Analyst
- Computer Software Developer
- Database Programmer/Analyst
- Web-Based Application Developer
Graduate Starting Salary Projections
Representative Co-Op/Clinical/Intern Sites
- Certificate does not include cooperative education
Effective 2017-2018 academic year
Computer Software Development Certificate
|IT 101||.NET Programming 1||2||3||3|
|IT 111||Database Design and SQL 1||2||3||3|
|BPA 130||Business Systems Analysis and Design||2||3||3|
|IT 161||Java Programming 1||2||3||3|
|IT 162||Java Programming 2||2||3||3|
|IT 102||.NET Programming 2||2||3||3|
The letters G, B, and T (displayed after course titles or elective descriptions) identify types of courses required by the Ohio Department of Higher Education as part of an associate’s degree curriculum.
G = General Education course in this curriculum
B = Basic Skills course in this curriculum
T = Technical course in this curriculum
Robert (Bob) Nields, MBA