Safely Staying On Track at Cincinnati State
Since March 2020, a special response team at Cincinnati State has monitored and addressed COVID-19 concerns as they evolve. The College follows guidelines provided by the Governor of Ohio, the Centers for Disease Control and the Ohio Department of Health. We collaborate with neighboring institutions of higher education as well as city and county governments.
Clifton: Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Welcome Center (Admissions)
- Career Center
- Financial Aid Office
- Registrar’s Office
- Academic Advising
- Student Activities (to provide SurgeCard IDs and Metro Cards)
- Bookstore – check in-person and curbside hours online.
- ATLC and HPB buildings are open – Main Building is closed for repairs
Middletown: Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Financial Aid
For Middletown remote assistance, call (513) 217-3900
For Spring and Summer Semesters 2021, some technical skills classes and labs are offered in-person, with safety protocols in place. In addition, many Cincinnati State classes are offered in one of three remote learning formats.
- Web (WEB code when you register) – Courses are 100% online to give you flexibility to complete coursework at times your schedule permits. You need a computer and the internet but will not be required to use live audio and video streaming.
- Live Web (LIVW code when you register) – Courses are 100% online with extensive required “real time” participation using live web-conferencing such as Zoom or Blackboard Collaborate. You need high speed internet and a computer capable of supporting live audio and video streaming.
- Web Hybrid (WHYB code when you register) – Courses are 100% online, with occasional required “real time” participation using live web-conferencing such as Zoom or Blackboard Collaborate. You need high speed internet and a computer capable of supporting live audio and video.
To prepare for remote classes, students should consider enrolling in Cincinnati State’s Online Orientation Workshop. This self-paced activity takes 1 to 3 hours to complete.
- Log into Blackboard/MyServices, look for the “Tools” on the top left side of the page, and click the link “Student Bb Resources”
Experiential education courses (co-op, internships, clinicals) are following guidelines set by employers or site supervisors. For questions, talk to your co-op coordinator or program chair.
Other Operational Guidelines
- All on-campus activities and events (all campuses) are suspended. Special “drive-in” events are announced when they are scheduled.
- Student and employee travel abroad is suspended, including the annual Study Abroad/Service Learning trip to Guatemala.
- Student and employee travel outside Ohio for college related activities and professional development is suspended.
Laptop Purchase or Loan
Borrowing a Computer & Wi-Fi hotspot
Spring Semester 2021 students can borrow a laptop computer and/or personal Wi-Fi hotspot from the College at no cost, on a first come, first serve basis. Supplies are limited.
To borrow a laptop and/or hotspot, first log into MyCState/Blackboard, then click this eForm link.
- To be eligible, students must be registered for Spring 2021 semester classes.
- Allow 2 days for form processing. When approved, you will receive an “eForm Approved” message via Cincinnati State email.
- Laptops and/or hotspots can be picked up on Monday through Friday (on days the College is open) between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., in ATLC Room 315.
- The student who reserved the equipment must pick it up in person
- Be prepared to show your College ID or driver’s license
- For help completing the eForm, call 513-569-1234.
Purchasing a Computer using Financial Aid
Students who qualify can use their financial aid to buy a new laptop computer directly from the Cincinnati State Bookstore.
- Depending on the type and amount of financial aid you are awarded, your financial aid may cover all or part of the cost of a laptop computer and required software.
- If you wish to use financial aid to purchase a computer immediately, you must buy the computer recommended by your program from the College Bookstore.
- Purchasing computers from other vendors (not the Cincinnati State Bookstore) is covered by financial aid only if you wait to make the purchase using “excess” financial aid refunded to you after tuition and fees are paid. Financial Aid refund checks are sent after the semester begins.
- Computers purchased using financial aid cannot be returned for a refund unless the package is unopened.
- Consult a Financial Aid advisor for more information.
Course and Lab Fees
Cincinnati State lab fees (and when applicable, other course fees) support the additional costs associated with providing a laboratory setting for a class, including equipment, materials, software, maintenance, and consumables used in the lab.
- When classes with lab activities use a remote delivery model, lab fees cover some costs related to using newly-developed remote methods for instruction in these courses.
- Students will receive full academic credit on their transcripts for classes completed at Cincinnati State, whether class activities are in-person or use remote instruction.
- Therefore, lab fees are assessed as applicable for all classes.
Currently, parking fees are NOT charged for use of gated garages and parking lots on Clifton Campus.
Remote Student Support Services
Many support services are currently provided remotely, by phone, email, and/or online connections such as Zoom or Blackboard Collaborate. These services include:
- Academic Advising
- Academic Tutoring, Math Center, & Writing Center
- Career Center
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- International & Veteran Student Services
- Technology Support Services
- Open Computer Lab – ATLC 316
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday – 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Technology Help Desk – (513) 569-1234 or email@example.com
- Monday through Friday – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email answered within 1 business day
- Open Computer Lab – ATLC 316
- Transfer Center
- TRiO Student Support Services
- Surge Cupboard Food Pantry – services suspended
If you can’t find information for the support service you need, contact:
Soni Hill, Senior Director of Student Success & Student Development
- Students and employees should check your College email frequently for messages and updates
- If you have questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can sign up to receive special notifications by phone, text message, and email at CState Alert
If you need more information about staying on track in your degree or certificate classes, please reach out to your advisor or program chair.
- Oct. 30, 2020 – Campus Safety Reminders
- Aug. 7, 2020 – Laptops/hotspots available for Fall students
- Jun. 8, 2020 – Commencement will be virtual event
- May 27, 2020 – Reminder re: loaner laptops/hotspots
- May 22, 2020 – Late registration fee waived for Summer
- May 7, 2020 – Reminder re: loaner laptops/hotspots
- Apr. 28, 2020 – Reminder re: Spring grading options
- Apr. 16, 2020 – Loaner laptops available
- Apr. 8, 2020 – Summer classes will use remote format
- Apr. 6, 2020 – Commencement moved to August
- Apr. 2, 2020 – Grading options for Spring semester
- Mar. 23, 2020 – Campus closed per “Stay at Home” directive
- Mar. 19, 2020 – Support services moving to remote format
- Mar. 15, 2020 – Classes moving to remote format (update)
- Mar. 11, 2020 – Classes moving to remote format