Informational Interviews (Career Conversations)
The purpose of an informational interview is to gather information and meet someone who is in a role or company you aspire to be in. It’s not a job interview – the person conducting the informational interview (you) should be the one asking the questions.
- Get firsthand information about the realities of working in a particular field, industry, or position.
- Get tips and knowledge about how to prepare for your career and what it takes to become employable in the field.
Resources for Conducting an Informational Interview
- How to Ask for an Informational Interview – The Muse
- 3 Steps to a Perfect Informational Interview – The Muse
- The Best Questions To Ask In An Informational Interview – Indeed
Don’t Forget to Send A Thank You Note After the Informational Interview