Cincinnati State students can use financial aid to purchase college-recommended computers
Starting with Fall Semester 2020, Cincinnati State students have two options to obtain computer equipment:
- Purchase a “CState Recommended“ laptop at the College Bookstore (using financial aid funds, if qualified)
- Borrow a laptop computer and/or Wi-Fi hotspot from the College
Students can buy a laptop computer recommended for their major directly from the Cincinnati State Bookstore.
- More about recommended Dell laptops for each academic program is available at https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/cstate-recommended-laptop-computers
- Students enrolled in Audio/Video Production, Graphic Design, Graphic Imaging Technology, and Web & Multimedia Design can see recommended Apple computers on a different web page: https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/laptop-computer-requirement
Financial Aid Considerations:
- Students using financial aid to help pay for their Cincinnati State education may be able to use some funds to cover all or part of the cost of a laptop computer and required software (if applicable).
- Students using financial aid to purchase a computer immediately must buy a “CState Recommended” computer from the College Bookstore.
- Purchases can be made online, with arrangements for delivery to the student’s address or pick-up at the Bookstore.
- Computers purchased using financial aid cannot be returned to the Bookstore for a refund unless the package is unopened.
- Students who wait to use their refund of “excess” financial aid can purchase a computer from any store/vendor.
- Fall Financial Aid refund checks will be mailed in mid-October.
- Students should talk to a Financial Aid advisor for more information.
Borrowing Laptops and Hotspots:
Fall Semester students can borrow a laptop computer and/or personal Wi-Fi “hotspot” from Cincinnati State at no cost, on a first come, first serve basis. Supplies are limited.
To borrow a laptop and/or hotspot, students must be logged into Blackboard and complete an eForm. More information is available from your advisor.