Yvonne Baker is new Dean of Business Division
After serving the College for more than 21 years as a faculty member, including two years as Interim Dean, Yvonne Baker has been selected as the new Dean of the Business Technologies Division, effective June 28, 2021.
- Yvonne has served as an Accounting Professor, Co-op Coordinator for the Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, and Pre-Business Administration programs, and Coordinator of the Real Estate Certificate.
- She has experience developing and teaching online courses and has served as an academic advisor for technical and transfer programs.
- Yvonne completed the Ohio Association of Community College (OACC) Leadership Academy for Student Success, a year-long program based on the Aspen Curriculum for College Excellence. In addition, she has attended OACC’s Student Success Leadership Institute.
Provost Robbin Hoopes said, “While serving as Interim Dean, Yvonne led the Business Division through two cycles of Academic Program Self-Studies, and the successful approval by the Higher Learning Commission and the Ohio Department of Higher Education of the Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Culinary and Food Science.”
“She also led the division’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Main Building recovery efforts,” Provost Hoopes said.
Provost Hoopes noted that Yvonne led efforts to establish a process for academic programs and departments to request stimulus funding for equipment and technology, and she represented academics on several important student success initiatives such as the Technology for Students Task Force and the Online Orientation Group.
Yvonne holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and a Masters of Accountancy. She is a Certified Public Accountant and has completed coursework in school finance, school law, human resource management, and leadership.
- She has been nominated three times for the House-Bruckmann Faculty Excellence Award.
- Her committee work includes service on the Academic Response Team, the College-wide Cooperative Education Committee, the Sabbatical Committee, the Tenure Committee, the Learning Outcomes Assessment Committee, and the Budget Advisory Team, as well as many other College-wide and divisional committees and task forces.
- Yvonne has served as Treasurer of the AAUP Chapter (the faculty union) at Cincinnati State and as a member of the faculty bargaining team.
Yvonne is a presenter for the Financial Statements Workshop for the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program for Cincinnati State, Columbus State and Sinclair. She also serves as a member of the Board of Education for Felicity Franklin Locals Schools.