Cincinnati State’s Follett Bookstore is your one-stop shop for textbooks, Cincinnati State clothing and gift items, school supplies, and more.
Bring your class schedule to the Bookstore at the beginning of each semester to find the textbooks and supplies required for all of your classes.
- You can visit the bookstore on Clifton Campus in Room 134 of the ATLC Building (near the Overlook Cafe) or visit the online bookstore.
- A bookstore branch located at the Middletown Campus is open at the beginning and end of each semester, with books for classes taught on the Middletown Campus.
- Online orders filled by the Clifton bookstore can be picked up in Middletown with no additional charge. For this option, please allow an extra 2 days of delivery time.
Contact the Bookstore:
Cost of Books
The cost of books and supplies can vary greatly from term to term. The Bookstore staff works hard to provide as many used textbooks as we can find.
- The average expense for books and supplies for a full time student is $550 per semester, but costs vary based on how many and what kinds of courses you are taking.
- Many books can be rented for the length of the semester as a cost saving option.
- Your first semester usually is the most expensive one, as you'll purchase books and supplies also used in later terms.
- If you see a comment on your registration statement designating a class as “includED,” then you have already paid for an electronic book (e-book) as part of the course fees. A print component may available at no additional cost; please ask a Bookstore employee for details about your specific "includED" classes.
Students may purchase books at the Cincinnati State Bookstore, from online book-sellers, or from an off-campus textbook vendor. Take time to learn about the book seller's policies, including return policies, before you purchase your books.
Tips for Getting Your Books
When you visit the Bookstore, always bring your class schedule with you. Books are organized alphabetically by course code (ACC through WEB), so knowing your course code and number is a must.
- For some courses, you may have a choice of two titles, or in some cases an online section of a course will use a different book than the in-person sections.
- When in doubt, just ask the friendly bookstore staff to help you find what you need.
Financial Aid and the Bookstore
Students may use financial aid to purchase course materials as well as books, if your financial aid account meets all needed criteria.
- To be sure you can use your financial aid funds for textbooks and supplies, please make sure all forms are submitted on time (prior to the start of the semester) to the Financial Aid Office.
- After your financial aid funds have been made available at the Bookstore, just bring your student ID and your registration statement to the Bookstore when you're ready to buy your books– or you can use financial aid to purchase your books online at www.cincystshop.com.
- Financial aid funds usually remain available for the first 5 weeks of classes.
- Financial aid funds cannot be used to purchase items that are not course books or course supplies.