Cincinnati State has a variety of dining options, ranging from sit-down dinners to snacks on the go.
Student Meal Plan
Students may use an online transaction to select a Meal Plan option for purchases at Bakery Hill and the Overlook Café on Clifton Campus using your Surge Card (student ID card).
To add Meal Plan funds to your SurgeCard, go to MyServices for Students > Meal Plans.
Students may apply financial aid funds to a Meal Plan if eligible. Check with a Financial Aid advisor to learn more.
- Students may choose a Meal Plan from three increments ($100, $200, and $300).
- As you purchase food from Bakery Hill and the Overlook, your Meal Plan fund balance will decline.
- All Meal Plan purchases receive a 5% discount from the regular price.
- The Meal Plan is not refundable after the semester begins.
- Meal Plan funds remaining at the end of the semester will not be refunded or applied to a future semester. Students must purchase a new Meal Plan each semester.
Bakery Hill is the Midwest Culinary Institute’s retail bakery, located on the second floor of the Advanced Technology & Learning Center (ATLC) at Cincinnati State's Clifton campus.
Bakery Hill offers freshly made baked goods, a full-service coffee shop, and café luncheon choices. Guests can enjoy their purchases at a nearby tables, or order food to go. Please take advantage of our Valet Pick-Up Service!
Bakery Hill also accepts orders for cakes, pies, cupcakes, bread, and other pastries. It specializes in celebration cakes, customized for the customer for weddings, birthdays and other occasions. Bakery Hill accepts cash and credit cards for payment.
ATLC Second Floor
Hours (when classes are in session):
- Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
The Overlook Café, located on the first floor of the ATLC building, offers students, staff, and campus visitors a variety of meal and snack choices. Daily options include breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials, a fresh salad and fruit bar, freshly made pizzas, sandwiches and wraps, and gourmet coffee.
The Overlook Café accepts cash, credit cards, and Surge Cards for payment.
ATLC First Floor
Hours (when classes are in session)
- Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Vending machines are located throughout Cincinnati State that accept cash and credit cards.
- On Clifton Campus, more than 45 vending machines are located in the Main Building, Health Professions Building, and the Advanced Technology & Learning Center.
- The Harrison Campus (Cincinnati West) and the Workforce Development Center (Evendale) also have vending machines.
The Summit Restaurant
The Summit Restaurant at the Midwest Culinary Institute at Cincinnati State is open for special event requests. Call (513) 569-4981 for more information.
Cincinnati State offers catering services for on-campus events. Call (513) 569-4981 for more information.