Career Counseling Services
Location: Room 171 Main Building (Clifton Campus)
Phone: (513) 569-5779
Counseling Services generally operates on an appointment basis. Students who want to set up a meeting for career counseling should call or stop by to schedule an appointment.
Counseling Services provides free and confidential career and personal counseling, crisis intervention for students, access to community resources, and consultation for College faculty and staff members.
Our services are designed to help students understand themselves and their difficulties, and ultimately make healthy choices for their lives. Services are provided in a nurturing environment where similarities and differences among people are recognized, respected, and honored.
The mission of Counseling Services is to promote student learning and development by providing counseling and referral services that address the need for retention-focused resources, and address the career and mental health care needs of Cincinnati State students.
Not sure what to study?
Cincinnati State's Career Counseling services can help students and prospective students explore your strengths, learn about careers that match your interest and abilities, and choose the right academic program for you. Services include:
- Helping clarify career choices through assessments and discussions.
- Sharing information about employment outlook and salary projections for various career fields.
- Providing referrals and connections to College program chairs to learn more about specific degree and certificate programs offered at Cincinnati State.
Who is career counseling for?
Career counseling is free and open to currently-enrolled students as well as those who are planning to attend Cincinnati State in the future. Those served include:
- Recent high school graduates who are deciding on a college major.
- Adult learners of all ages who seek a career change
- Current students considering a change in their academic program of study.
Take an online career assessment:
Before your Career Counseling appointment, you can get started exploring your interests and learning more about career fields with these free online assessment and research tools:
- Career Coach: View career options by field of study, and take a job compatibility assessment.
- Ohio Means Jobs: Search occupations by industry and learn about top-hiring career fields in Ohio.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Find national information about various career fields, including the outlook for hiring and projections for earnings.
- ONet Online: Browse career fields including the requirements for specific skills, knowledge, or education level.