Fall 2021 Programming
|Moving Beyond Undecided||Career Exploration||September 8||12:00 PM|
|Co-op Orientation||Experiential Education||September 9||5:00 PM|
|Co-op Orientation||Experiential Education||September 15||12:00 PM|
|Moving Beyond Undecided||Career Exploration||September 15||6:00 PM|
|Resume Writing Workshop||Job Search||September 17||12:00 PM|
|Co-op Orientation||Experiential Education||September 21||5:00 PM|
|Interviewing Workshop||Job Search||September 24||12:00 PM|
REGISTER FOR EVENTS and to access the Zoom Meeting Links at CState CareerLink:
Employer Information Tables
Employers will be on campus for information tables on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between (11:00 AM – 1:00 PM) outside of the Career Center. Please check CState CareerLink and our weekly Career Center newsletter for updates on employers.
- September 14 – Journey Home Care
- September 15 – 1-800-Got-Junk?
- September 20 – Mike’s Carwash
- September 21 – Bayley (Healthcare)
- September 23 – United Parcel Service (UPS)
- September 30 – FedEx Ground
Cincinnati State Job Fairs
The Career Center typically holds two types of Career Fairs.
- Career and Co-op Job Fair focused on our Business, Engineering, IT and Humanities, and Science Co-op students and graduates.
- Health Professions and Education Fair focused on our RN graduates and other programs.
Dates for the 2021-22 academic year have not been set yet.
How To Register For Events
Job Fair – Preparation Workshops
Put your best foot forward with employers for our upcoming career fairs. Join us for our sessions on How to Prepare for a Job Fair.
We do not have any live versions right now, you can visit our video from Fall 2020 for tips and guidance. Click here.
Career Exploration Sessions – Moving Beyond Undecided
Moving Beyond Undecided
Sessions focus on helping prospective and current students understand the process of making a career decision and tools for exploration.
- Second Wednesday of the month at 12:00 PM
- Third Wednesday of the month at 6:00 PM
How To Register For Events
- Students: To register to attend, RSVP via CState CareerLink.
- Prospective Students: To register to attend, RSVP via Admissions – Calendar of Events
Can’t make one of these sessions?
Access the on-demand session here.
Alumni Career Series
Join us for virtual sessions in which Cincinnati State Alumni share their experiences and tips for success in their professional life.
- Dillon Ruby – Culinary Arts (Corporate Executive Manager, Jeff Ruby Entertainment)
- Brandi Ayers – Business (Career counselor and Business owner)
- Bob Hafertepen – Business (Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Skye Solutions for Business)
- Kevin Dwyer – Business (Vice President, Dwyer Commercial Real Estate)
- Michael Collins – Engineering (Vice President, J.S. Held)
- Emily Horning – Respiratory Care (Registered Respiratory Therapist, Bernens Medical and Pharmacy)
- Robert Heil – Engineering (CEO, KHL Engineers)
- Caren Welbourne – Culinary Certificate (Project Manager, Worldwide Clinical Trials)
Job Search Preparation (Resume & Interview Workshops)
The Career Center hosts virtual workshops on resume writing and interviewing.
- Check back for dates in May 2021
How To Register For Events:
- Students: To register to attend, please RSVP via CState CareerLink.
- Alumni: Please email the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to attend.
JCPenney Suit Up Events
All Cincinnati State students, faculty/staff, and alumni are invited to participate in the JCPenney Suit-Up Event in Spring 2021. This is an exclusive shopping experience for the Cincinnati State community. All career dress apparel and shoes will be an additional 30% off. Students, Alumni, and Faculty/Staff will be required to show their special discount code. Click here for details.
- Fall 2021 Dates to be announced in September
The following is a list of organizations that host hiring events and programs in the greater Cincinnati area.
- Indeed – Hiring Events in Cincinnati
- Kentucky Career Center – NKY Events & Programming
- OhioMeansJobs – Cincinnati-Hamilton County
Also, check the Career Center Facebook Page. We update regularly for events in the area as we receive a notification.