To help provide efficient access to parking on Clifton Campus at the start of the new semester:
- Only the Ludlow Ave. entrance is available for access to both garages and all parking lots (not including employee parking in Lots A and D).
- The Central Parkway entrance is not available during the first weeks of the semester, but will be open later in the semester.
- New students and employees:
- Pick up your ID card (Surge Card) in the Student Activities Office, ATLC 204
- Pick up your parking access card (Prox Card) at the Parking Services window, outside the Student Activities Office
- Additional Campus Police officers and parking service personnel will be on duty during the first weeks of the semester to troubleshoot potential problems and assist students and employees who need help.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Campus Police Chief Mike Wylie (email@example.com or 569-1492).
Safe, accessible parking
Cincinnati State strives to provide safe, accessible parking for students, employees, and visitors to its campuses.
At the Middletown, Evendale and Harrison campuses, free parking is available at surface lots on site.
At the Clifton campus, students, visitors and employees have a variety of parking options:
- Central Parkway Garage. Open to visitors, students and employees on a cash basis, $5 daily. It is also open to employees with a valid ProxCard (parking access card), and to students with a valid ProxCard who have purchased parking privileges.
- Ludlow Avenue Garage. Open to employees and students who have purchased parking privileges.
- Lot A. Off College Drive on the west side of the campus - reserved for employees.
- Lot C. Adjoining Ludlow Avenue - open to visitors and students on a $5 daily cash basis, and to employees or students with parking privileges.
- Lot D. Parking spaces wrapped around the Main Building - reserved for employees.
Daycare Parking. Several spaces near the front entrance of Lot D are designated for drop-off and pick-up (20 minutes per use) at the William Mallory Early Learning Center.
- A valid daycare parking permit is required to use these spaces.
- Other spaces in front of Main Building are designated for temporary parking.
Handicapped Parking. Handicapped parking spaces are lined in blue and are provided in both parking garages.
- A valid state-issued handicapped placard must be displayed when parking on campus.
- Students are also required to purchase a Cincinnati State term parking permit.
Motorcycle/Bicycle Parking. Motorcycle parking is permitted at the end of the Main Building, just off the front drive.
- All motorcycles must be registered with the Department of Public Safety in Room 7, Main Building.
- Bicycles must be secured to the racks; locations include the entrance to the Ludlow Avenue Garage and a shed near the Main Building loading dock.
- Bicycles should not be chained to trees or light poles.
Campus police will provide limited automotive assistance (for example, a dead battery or keys locked inside a vehicle) to student and employee motorists with vehicles parked on College property.
Emergency phones are located near all parking areas and in the garages. For assistance, press the help button on the phone, or call (513) 861-8888.
Obtaining a student parking privilege
Student parking privileges (sometimes known as "term" privileges) are sold online through the student portal MyCState (student login and password required). Click the MyServices tab to purchase parking privileges.
- After purchasing parking privileges, students obtain a Proximity Card (ProxCard), which is used to raise the parking gates.
A term parking privilege may be canceled and returned for a 100% refund during the first week of a semester, and for a 50% refund during the second week of a semester. Parking privileges may not be canceled and returned after the second week of the semester.
Clifton Hills Parking Ordinance
The City of Cincinnati passed an ordinance that essentially prohibits on-street parking by non-residents in the Clifton Hills neighborhood adjoining Cincinnati State's Clifton campus.
- Parking restrictions apply between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. to Clifton Hills Avenue, Clifton Crest Terrace, Clifton Hills Terrace and portions of Ludlow Avenue (between 785 and 877 on the west side and between 786 and 820 on the east side) and Old Ludlow Avenue (on the east side between 826 and 882)
- All restricted areas are marked by signs.
The Campus Police Department enforces College parking regulations. Any violation can result in a citation.
- Citations must be paid or appealed within 10 business days from the date of issue.
- Any citation not paid or appealed within 10 business days of issue will double in cost, and the vehicle is subject to impoundment.
- After 30 days from issue, any unpaid citations will be automatically added to the student’s account.
See more about Cincinnati State Parking Regulations for Clifton Campus.