Apply NOW for 2021-2022 Academic Scholarships. Deadline is February 15, 2021. Apply Today!


Military Students

Cincinnati State offers a variety of services to assist military students and veterans on their path to higher education.  The office of Veteran Student Affairs at Cincinnati State offers assistance to veterans, their eligible dependents, and selected reservists who wish to initiate, continue, or resume using their Veterans Affairs educational benefits.

The Veteran Student Affairs office provides benefit counseling, claims filing to the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), admission advising, referrals to other services on campus, and referrals to various community agencies. The office also monitors student degree plans and graduation progress.

All veterans and eligible dependents must be certified through Cincinnati State's Veteran Student Affairs office to receive educational benefits from the DVA.

To apply for VA educational benefits, new and transfer students must meet with the Veterans Certifying Official at the College. To set up an appointment, call (513) 569-1543.
Benefit Programs
The DVA provides a full range of benefits for eligible veterans, dependents, and selected reserves. To obtain complete information about the VA Educational Programs, visit
Monthly Verification of Enrollment
Veterans receiving VA educational benefits under Chapter 30 Chapter 1606, and Chapter 1607 are required to verify their enrollment to the DVA at the end of the month. Veterans can verify their enrollment by visiting and clicking on WAVE, or call 1-877-823-2378.

Veteran Student Association
Cincinnati State's Veteran Student Association (VSA) is an organization that helps veteran students transition from military life to a supportive collegiate environment. Members include veterans and veterans’ dependents who are currently enrolled at Cincinnati State. The VSA meets monthly to plan activities, share information that will benefit veteran students, and build camaraderie among veterans.

Cooperative Education/Internship Forms (available from Veteran Student Affairs office)
Many veteran students pursue degree programs that include cooperative education or internships. Those who do should access the following forms:
  • Co-op Statement of Understanding
  • Co-op Verification
  • Internship Verification

Other Helpful Documents/Forms (available from Veteran Student Affairs office)
  • Veterans Affairs Brochure
  • Veterans Affairs Handbook
  • Information Update Form
  • Course Substitution Approval Form

Get Skills to Work
The Get Skills to Work program trains veterans for jobs in advanced manufacturing. GE’s Get Skills to Work coalition provides accelerated training and skills translation for veterans interested in manufacturing careers.

Binary Data

Get More Information

Complete this short form to download your free college brochure.