What can co-op do for your company?
Cincinnati State has students available to co-op from more than 100 programs and majors, including fields such as manufacturing, business, health care, information technology, culinary arts, design, engineering technologies, and horticulture. Hiring co-op students offers valuable educational opportunities to students, and also benefits employers by providing:
- A cost-effective way to fill temporary and long-term staffing needs
- An opportunity to evaluate potential future employees
- A way to fill entry-level professional positions with qualified candidates
- A link to one of the region's dominant workforce training institutions
Co-op employer responsibilities
To ensure that both employers and co-op employees have productive, meaningful experiences we ask that employers:
- Provide new hire orientation
- Supervise a student’s work
- Compensate students for their work
- Participate in site visits by the student’s co-op coordinator
- Evaluate a student’s work performance
Hire a co-op student or a graduate
Get started with co-op at your company
To establish a co-op relationship with Cincinnati State, please contact the Co-op Coordinator in your area of interest. A full list of our Co-op Coordinators.
Post a job or hire a student or graduate with CState CareerLinkCState CareerLink is an online system that connects students and graduates to employment opportunities.
The system is new, so resumes for some qualified candidates may not be in this database. Please contact appropriate co-op coordinators if you need help finding qualified candidates.
To register for access to CState CareerLink:
- Visit https://cincinnatistate-csm.symplicity.com/employers and select "Register."
- You'll receive an email message, usually within 24 hours, letting you know your registration is pending. We'll get in touch if there are any problems.
- When your registration is approved, you'll receive a welcome email with your username and password.
- Your approved registration allows you to view resumes, post job opportunities, and meet the Co-op Coordinator who will be your primary contact.
To post a job:
- Visit CState CareerLink at https://cincinnatistate-csm.symplicity.com/employers
- Enter your username and password and choose "Sign In." Next you'll see your home page.
- Choose "Jobs" from the top menu bar, and click "Add New."
- Complete the New Job form and click "Submit."
- You'll receive an email message, usually within 24 hours, letting you know your job posting is pending approval.
- When your job posting is approved, you'll receive email notification. You'll also receive reminder email when your job posting is expiring.
When you post a job on CState CareerLink, consider these categories:
- Co-op: Full-time or part-time paid employment in the student's field of study, which may or may not lead to a permanent position
- Internship: Full-time or part-time unpaid employment in the student's field of study, which may or may not lead to a permanent position
- Full-time Permanent: Employment for Cincinnati State students near graduation or Cincinnati State alumni
- Part-time Permanent: Employment for Cincinnati State students near graduation or Cincinnati State alumni
Questions about CState CareerLink?Contact Kelly Harper at (513) 569-1647 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for help north of Cincinnati?
If your business is located in Warren, Butler, Montgomery, or Preble county, Cincinnati State’s Middletown campus may be your best bet.
Learn more about co-op in Middletown
Questions about co-op?
Find answers to common questions about co-op pay, scheduling, rules, and more in our Co-op Employer FAQ