The Aviation Mechanics Airframe Certificate includes the study of aircraft structures and hydraulic, electrical, and landing gear systems. Lab experiences include aircraft inspection, troubleshooting, and repair.
Following successful completion of the Airframe Certificate requirements, students may take Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) licensing tests. Certification requirements are subject to current FAA requirements and may change without notice.
Graduates Are Prepared To
- Assemble, fit, fasten, and install parts of airplanes, space vehicles, or missiles, such as tails, wings, fuselage, bulkheads, stabilizers, landing gear, rigging and control equipment
- Students who combine this certificate with the Power Plant Certificate are prepared take licensing tests for the full FAA Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) mechanic certification.
Representative Job Titles For Graduates
- Aviation Airframe Mechanic
Graduate Employment Outlook
Employment of aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians is projected to hold steady through 2022. Job prospects will be best for mechanics who hold an FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate.
Graduate Starting Salary Projections
Effective 2021-2022 academic year
Aviation Mechanics Airframe Certificate (AVAC)
|AMT 100||Aviation Standard Practices||4||6||6|
|AMT 105||Aircraft Orientation||2||5||4|
|AMT 110||Aircraft Electricity||3||3||4|
|AMT 115||Aircraft Weight and Balance||3||3||4|
|MAT 122||Aviation Mathematics||2||2||3|
|AMT 120||Aircraft Non-Metal Structures||3||4||5|
|AMT 130||Aircraft Welding Processes||2||2||3|
|AMT 135||Aircraft Landing Gear Systems||3||5||5|
|AMT 140||Airframe Electrical Systems||4||4||6|
|PHY 115||Aviation Maintenance Physics||3||3||4|
|AMT 125||Aircraft Metal Structures||3||5||5|
|AMT 145||Airframe Electronic Systems||2||1||2|
|AMT 150||Airframe Systems||3||3||4|
|AMT 155||Airframe Assembly and Rigging||3||4||5|
|AMT 160||Airframe Inspection||1||3||2|
|ENG 101||English Composition 1||3||0||3|
• This curriculum displays only course numbers without the added letter.
• The alternative version, when available, meets the requirements of the course version without the added letter.