Start Here, Go Anywhere!
Many degree programs at Cincinnati State serve as stepping stones to a four-year program. Students can start here, earn an Associate’s degree, and then transfer those credits to a four-year institution to finish a Bachelor’s or other higher degree program.
The Transfer Center provides information and assistance making the transition from associate's degree studies at Cincinnati State to a bachelor's degree. At the Transfer Center you can:
- meet with representatives from area colleges and universities
- get information about transfer events
- learn more about agreements between Cincinnati State and our partner institutions that help you continue your education
Location: ATLC 221, near Bakery Hill (Clifton Campus)
- Phone: (513) 569-1884
- Transfer Center Coordinator: Dr. Myshamil Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
An articulation agreement is an officially approved agreement that allows students to make a smooth transition from Cincinnati State to a four-year institution.
Cincinnati State currently has articulation agreements with the colleges and universities listed below.
For more information about these agreements, visit the Transfer Center!
- Bowling Green State University
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Christ Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science
- Excelsior College
- Indiana Wesleyan
- Miami University
- Mount St. Joseph University
- Northern Kentucky University
- Ohio Christian University
- Ohio University
- Union Institute and University (Employees)
- Union Institute and University (Students)
- University of Cincinnati (UC Pathways)
- Western Governors University
- Wright State University
- Wilmington College
Transfer Pathways allow you to transfer core courses from a two-year to four-year institution in an equivalent degree program. Cincinnati State shares a regional partnership with other four-year institutions that allow students to transfer smoothly from Cincinnati State to a four-year institution within the same field.
Cincinnati State collaborates with the following colleges and universities listed below.
For more information about transfer pathways, please visit https://www.ohiohighered.org/OGTP or visit the Transfer Center.
- Bowling Green State University Pathways
- Chamberlain College of Nursing Pathways
- Cincinnati State to Christ Hospital School of Nursing Transfer Guide
- Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science (Transfer Credit Worksheet)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Transfer Course Credit)
- Excelsior College (Transfer Credit Guidelines)
- Franklin University (Community College Credit)
- Indiana University – Purdue Indianapolis (IUPUI) (Office of Transfer Student Services)
- Indiana Wesleyan (Degree Programs and Transfer page)
- Miami University (Transfer Page)
- Mount St. Joseph University* (Transfer Guidelines)
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University (Transfer Scholarships)
- Northern Kentucky University (CState2NKU Pathways)
- Ohio Christian University (Transfer Students page)
- Ohio University (RN to BSN Pathway)
- Tiffin University (CState to Tiffin Transfer Guide)
- Union Institute & University (Transfer Students)
- University of Cincinnati (UC Pathways)
- University of Findlay (Transfer Credit Policy)
- University of Toledo (Adult, Transfer, & Military Students)
- Western Governors University (Cincinnati State to WGU Pathways)
- Wilmington College (Cincinnati State Pathways)*
- Wright State University (Transfer Pathways)
- Xavier University (Transfer Admissions)
*These institutions offer bachelor-level classes at Cincinnati State.
Cross-register for the classes you need
Cincinnati State is a member of the Greater Cincinnati Collegiate Connection (GC3), formerly Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities, comprised of 18 higher education institutions located in Greater Cincinnati.
Through this consortium, Cincinnati State students can cross-register at other GC3 institutions for classes not offered at Cincinnati State.
For more information on how to use GC3 resources, talk to an academic advisor.
Transferring to Cincinnati State
For students transferring to Cincinnati State from another school, please see the Admission section.
The Transfer Center is designed to help current Cincinnati State students interested in transferring FROM Cincinnati State to another institution to earn a higher degree.