Cincy State students win LULAC scholaships
Seven Cincinnati State students received recognition during the 17th annual scholarship event hosted by LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens) Cincinnati on Nov. 4, 2021.
The 2021 scholarship recipients are:
- Heydi Aguilar Domingo – Business Management
- Yennifer Y. Aguilar – Early Childhood Education (starting in Spring 2022)
- Gabriel W. Fellerhoff – Automotive Service Management
- Alba I. Gagai – Marketing Management
- Nydia M. Soto – Occupational Therapy Assistant Technology
- Daniel Trejo Hernandez – Land Surveying (starting in Spring 2022)
- Richard Nabor Vasquez – Starting in Spring 2022 in an Engineering Technology program
A total of 36 students who are attending eight area colleges and universities received LULAC scholarships for 2021.
Retired Cincinnati State Professor Rosa-Maria Moreno serves as the LULAC Cincinnati Education Director.
LULAC scholarships are awarded to students in the Greater Cincinnati area with Hispanic/Latino heritage who demonstrate academic excellence and participate in civic or social activities that support the Hispanic/Latino community.
To maintain the LULAC scholarship, recipients must complete at least 5 hours of volunteer work at Hispanic/Latino organizations in the area.
The application and guidelines for 2022 LULAC scholarships will be available in early February 2022, and applications will be due on Mar. 31, 2022.
(Photo provided by Rosa-Maria Moreno)