Student Complaint Procedures
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College is committed to providing a fair and respectful campus environment. Students are encouraged to resolve complaints or conflicts with the appropriate person or persons involved.
Students are encouraged to first work towards resolution by discussing their concerns with appropriate faculty members, academic program or department chairs, or College staff members.
After speaking with the appropriate personnel, if a student has not been able to reach resolution, the College provides several options for pursuing complaints or appeals:
- Academic Appeals Procedure – for concerns related to courses or grading (opens College catalog)
- Student Code of Conduct Procedure – for concerns related to non-academic matters (opens College catalog)
- Title IX Procedure – for concerns related to sexual violence, sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, stalking, discrimination, or sexual harassment
- Compliments, Concerns, or Complaints – for feedback on any aspect of the College
Students should use all possible College complaint procedures before going outside of the College.
- If an issue cannot be resolved by the College’s internal processes, Ohio residents may choose to contact the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
- In compliance with Federal Department of Education regulations, out-of-state students may file a complaint with the appropriate authority in their state of residence, by referring to the list of State Agencies collected by the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO). This list will be updated as additional information becomes available.
- Students can also contact Cincinnati State’s accrediting agency, the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. HLC contact information: 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411 Phone: (800) 621-7440 | Fax: (312) 263-7462 | Email: email@example.com
If a student is unsure how to follow up on their concerns contact, Soni Hill, Senior Director of Student Success & Development.
Senior Director of Student Success & Development
firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 569-4215