We are excited about your interest in enrolling at Cincinnati State. The International Student Affairs Office helps students make a smooth transition into their first semester at the College and provides additional support services.
We encourage all international students, regardless of your visa status, to visit our office (Room 196, Main Building) to meet the people who are ready to assist you.
About Cincinnati State
Cincinnati State is a SEVIS-approved school serving F-1 and M-1 students. Over 500 international students are enrolled at Cincinnati State, under various visa statuses.
We believe exposure to different perspectives and cultural backgrounds enhances the educational experience of all students at Cincinnati State. With this in mind, we have developed a strong network of support to help international students to connect with other students, faculty members, and College staff.
The International Student Affairs Office at Cincinnati State provides:
- comprehensive academic support services for international students
- advice on matters related to the campus environment
- advice on maintaining immigration status, I-20 forms, change of status requests, and employment authorizations
- resources to assist faculty and staff in effectively serving our international students
Who is an International Student?
Cincinnati State serves immigrants, refugees, asylees, DACA recipients, and students holding a variety of visa statuses.
All students who are NOT U.S. citizens are considered international students, and their visa type will determine what and how they can study.
Permanent Residents, also known as Green Card Holders, are not considered international students.
International Student Admission
International students follow the same admission process as other Cincinnati State students. Once accepted for enrollment, students may enroll in classes based on the eligibility provisions of their I-20. To apply for enrollment please click here.
Cincinnati State SEVIS Codes
- Main (Clifton) Campus: CLE214F10294000
- Middletown Campus: CLE214F10294003
- Harrison Campus: CLE214F10294001
How do I get my I-20?
International students who hold an F-1 or M-1 visa and are new or transferring to Cincinnati State, and students who want to change their visa status to F-1, MUST complete the Cincinnati State International Student Enrollment Packet to receive an I-20 Form.
Form I-20 is required for F-1 and M-1 visa holders to study in the U.S.
To download the International Student Enrollment Packet, and for more information, click here.
- After students complete the Enrollment Packet, the PDSO (Principal Designated School Official) for Cincinnati State will issue an I-20.
- Students must follow all instructions and turn in all necessary documents as outlined in the Enrollment Packet. Failure to submit a completed packet may result in a delay in issuing the I-20.
- Please allow 7 to 10 business days for processing forms.
- By Email: Scan documents (no pictures please) to email@example.com
- By Postal Mail: Cincinnati State International Student Affairs, Room 196 Main Bldg., 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45223
International Student English Proficiency
To demonstrate English proficiency, international students must meet one of the following criteria:
- Provide U.S. High School diploma showing a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Provide proof of completion of secondary school in an English-speaking country (see list below)
- Submit official transcripts verifying successful completion of any college-level English course with a grade of C or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university. This does not include ESL coursework.
- Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores that are less than two years old, with a minimum score of 500 (Paper), 173 (Computer) or 61 (Internet).
- Submit International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores that are less than two years old, with a minimum overall score of 5.0.
- Submit ACCUPLACER scores that are less than two years old, with minimum score of 4 on WritePlacer.
Exemption from the Cincinnati State English Composition requirement is determined by the Office of Admissions, the International Student Affairs Office, and the Academic Divisions.
English-speaking countries that qualify for international student Proof of English Proficiency
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Canada (except Quebec)
- Cayman Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- United Kingdom
- Virgin Islands
For more information about Cincinnati State services for international students, please contact us. We’re happy to help.
Phone: (513) 569-4769
Office Hours- Due to COVID-19 the office is working remotely until further notice
If you are an international student, the following websites may be helpful: