International Students


We are excited about your interest in enrolling at Cincinnati State. The international Student Affairs Office helps students make a smooth transition into their first semester at the college and provide additional support services. We encourage all students, regardless of their visa status to stop by our office (Room 196 Main) to become familiar with friendly faces who are ready to assist you.


Cincinnati State is a SEVIS approved school serving F1 & M1 students and has over 500 international students enrolled under various visa statuses. To this end, we believe exposure to different perspectives and cultural backgrounds enhances the educational experience of all students at Cincinnati State. With this in mind, we are very intentional in developing and strong network of support for international students to connect with other students, faculty and staff.

The International Student Affairs Office at Cincinnati State provides comprehensive academic support services, advises on matters related to the campus environment, maintaining immigration status, I-20 forms, change of status requests, and employment authorizations and more. In addition to the providing support service s to students, the international Student Affairs Office acts as a resource to assist faculty and staff in effectively serving our International students. Click on the The Student Portal and Staff Portal provides more international related resources for students and Staff.

Who Is An International Student?

Cincinnati State serves immigrants, refugees, asylees, DACA recipients, and students holding a variety of visa statuses. In short, students who are NOT U.S. citizens are considered international students and their visa type will determine what & how they can study. Permanent Residents also known as Green Card Holders are not considered international students.

International Student Admission

International students follow the same admission process as other Cincinnati State students. Once accepted for enrollment, students may enroll in classes based on the eligibility provisions of their I-20.  To apply for enrollment please click here .

Cincinnati State SEVIS Codes

  • Main: CLE214F10294000
  • Middletown: CLE214F10294003
  • Harrison: CLE214F10294001


My I-20

How Do I get My I-20?

New and transfer F1& M1 visa holders and students wanting to change their status to F1 MUST complete the ISAO Enrollment Packet to receive an I-20. Once students have completed the enrollment packet, the P/DSO will issue an I-20. Students should follow all instructions and turn in all necessary documents as outlined in the enrollment packet. Failure to submit a completed packet may result in a delay in the issuance of the I-20.

Completed packets can be submitted:

In person:International Student Affairs Office, Room 196 Main Bldg.

Mail:Cincinnati State International Student Affairs Room 196 3520 Central Parkway Cincinnati, OH 45223

Contact Us

For more information about Cincinnati State services for international students, please contact us. We’re happy to help.

Katrina Rugless
(513) 569-4769

International Student Affair Enrollment Packet

(F1 & M1 Students Only) Once you receive your admissions letter click on the links below to complete the required eforms. The Enrollment checklist will guide you in submitting the necessary documents to receive your I-20. You may also complete and submit the attached Enrollment Packet.


If you are an international student, the following websites may be helpful:

Binary Data

Get More Information

Complete this short form to download your free college brochure.