We are excited about your interest in enrolling at Cincinnati State. The International Student Affairs Office helps students make a smooth transition into their first semester at the College and provides additional support services.
We encourage all international students, regardless of your visa status, to visit our office (Room 196, Main Building) to meet the people who are ready to assist you.
About Cincinnati State
Cincinnati State is a SEVIS-approved school serving F-1 and M-1 students. Over 500 international students are enrolled at Cincinnati State, under various visa statuses.
We believe exposure to different perspectives and cultural backgrounds enhances the educational experience of all students at Cincinnati State. With this in mind, we have developed a strong network of support to help international students to connect with other students, faculty members, and College staff.
The International Student Affairs Office at Cincinnati State provides:
- comprehensive academic support services for international students
- advice on matters related to the campus environment
- advice on maintaining immigration status, I-20 forms, change of status requests, and employment authorizations
- resources to assist faculty and staff in effectively serving our international students
Who is an International Student?
Cincinnati State serves immigrants, refugees, asylees, DACA recipients, and students holding a variety of visa statuses.
All students who are NOT U.S. citizens are considered international students, and their visa type will determine what and how they can study.
Permanent Residents, also known as Green Card Holders, are not considered international students.
International Student Admission
International students follow the same admission process as other Cincinnati State students. Once accepted for enrollment, students may enroll in classes based on the eligibility provisions of their I-20. To apply for enrollment please click here.
Cincinnati State SEVIS Codes
- Main (Clifton) Campus: CLE214F10294000
- Middletown Campus: CLE214F10294003
- Harrison Campus: CLE214F10294001
How do I get my I-20?
New and transfer F-1 and M-1 visa holders, and students who want to change their visa status to F-1, MUST complete the International Student Enrollment Packet to receive an I-20.
To download the International Student Enrollment Packet, and for more information, click here.
- After students have completed the Enrollment Packet, the PDSO (Principal Designated School Official) will issue an I-20.
- Students must follow all instructions and turn in all necessary documents as outlined in the Enrollment Packet. Failure to submit a completed packet may result in a delay in issuing the I-20.
- In Person: International Student Affairs Office, Room 196, Main Bldg., 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45223
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Postal Mail: Cincinnati State International Student Affairs, Room 196 Main Bldg., 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45223
For more information about Cincinnati State services for international students, please contact us. We’re happy to help.
Phone: (513) 569-4769
Office Hours (effective October 7, 2019):
- Tuesday - 8 to 10 a.m.
- Wednesday - 5 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday - 9 a.m. to noon
- Saturday - 9 a.m. to noon
If you are an international student, the following websites may be helpful: