“Choose Ohio First” Scholarships available for Fall Semester
Cincinnati State has received funding to provide “Choose Ohio First” (COF) scholarships to students who are beginning an eligible degree program in Fall Semester 2021.
The list of all eligible programs, and a link to the COF application, are available on the Choose Ohio First Scholarship page of the College website.
The deadline to apply for a COF scholarship for Fall 2021 is August 30, 2021.
COF scholarships will be awarded to first-time students in eligible programs or current students who are new to one of the COF-eligible programs.
Scholarship funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible students.
The Choose Ohio First scholarship program is designed to strengthen Ohio’s competitiveness in STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine/Health) fields.
More than 40 Cincinnati State academic programs meet the state’s Choose Ohio First criteria, which include:
- Integrated with regional economies
- Meets statewide educational needs
- Facilitates completion of degrees in a cost-effective manner
- Recruits underrepresented STEMM student groups including women and students of color
Scholarship amounts awarded may vary. The maximum award is $2,000 per year (two semesters).
- COF scholarship applicants must be Ohio residents and must enroll for a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester.
- COF applicants must have a GPA of at least 2.75 to apply and must maintain a 3.0 GPA to continue receiving the scholarship.
If you have questions, contact Kelly Harper, who is coordinating CState’s COF program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.