These funds are limited and not guaranteed to all eligible students who apply.
- Available funds are awarded at the discretion of the College, donor guidelines, or U.S. Department of Education.
- After you apply for funds, a College representative may contact you if more information is needed.
Student Retention Focus Fund
Provides financial assistance to students at risk of dropping out because of unexpected financial setbacks, like loss of a job, a health crisis, transportation and child care costs, or hardships with rent or utilities. Funds are paid directly to the vendor (for instance, doctor, landlord, child care provider, utility company, etc.)
- Eligibility: Taking at least 9 credit hours, with cumulative GPA of at least 2.0. Must submit FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to Office of Financial Aid to determine financial need.
Charles E. Schell Foundation Loan Program
An interest-free loan program, designed as a pay-it-forward fund to help qualified students to secure a practical education that, without the loans, may not be otherwise attainable. Funds can be paid for tuition and fees or directly to a vendor.
- Eligibility: Age 18 to 25, with cumulative GPA of at least 2.0, citizen of Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia or adjoining states, with parents of moderate means who are also citizens of these states. Students must be honest, upright, intelligent, of practical appearance, and loyal to the United States and its institutions including the Army, Navy, and Air Force.
General Student Relief Fund
Provides financial assistance to eligible students in emergency situations if funding is not available through other emergency funds and/or College financial and payment plan arrangements.
- Eligibility: Assistance is provided based on need
Loaner Laptop Program
The Student Technology Loaner Program is available if you need to borrow a laptop computer to use while you are a Cincinnati State student.
To apply, complete the e-Form. You must be logged into MyCState to access the form.