The Writing Center provides free tutorial support to students whose coursework includes written assignments. The Writing Center, housed on the Clifton campus, enables all students to explore new ideas through writing and achieve success. The support extends across all curriculums, and is not limited to support for writing or English Composition classes.
The Writing Center employs qualified, experienced writing instructors to provide tutoring. These instructors are familiar with the expectations for Cincinnati State writing courses. Students consistently report that Writing Center instructors are friendly, capable, and eager to help.
Although limited walk-in service is available, we encourage students to make an appointment for Writing Center services.
To make an appointment, use the Starfish kiosk in the Writing Center, or use the Starfish tab on your Cincinnati State MyCState online account.
- For on-campus tutoring, find the Writing Center – ENG or ESL (ON CAMPUS ONLY) form
- Walk-ins are also welcome when a tutor is available
- For remote tutoring, find the Writing Center – ENG or ESL (REMOTE ONLY) form.
- If you are more than five minutes late for a scheduled appointment, a walk-in student will be allowed to use your scheduled time
- To notify that you are running late or to cancel a scheduled appointment, call 513-569-1736
On Campus tutoring:
Starting the second week of the semester:
Monday – Thursday: 9am – 6pm
Friday: 9am – 3pm
Saturdays: 10am – 2pm
The Writing Center is closed on Sunday and school holidays.
Writing Center Virtual Support:
Monday – Thursday: 10am – 8:30pm
Friday: 10am – 2pm
Saturday: 10am – 2pm
Room 235 Main Building (Clifton Campus)
Phone: (513) 569-1736