Parenting Resource Center
College can be challenging if you are a parent. The Parenting Resource Center is here to help you achieve a school and life balance, by providing services and resources to help you succeed.
The goal of the Parenting Resource Center is to provide support that helps students meet challenges and achieve success as you strive to graduate.
Students wishing to utilize the room after hours may contact the Parenting Resource Manager ahead of time:
Summer Semester 2023 Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
These hours may adjust as we progress into the semester so check back for possible updates!
Requests for access outside of open hours will be considered. Students wishing to utilize the room after hours may contact the Parenting Resource Manager ahead of time:
Activities and services offered include:
- A place to gather with other parents who are students to study or talk about shared concerns
- Workshops on topics that are relevant to students who are also parents
- Referrals to resources for academic and community support
- A “Parents in College” Blackboard community
- A lending library with parenting resources and children’s books
The Parenting Resource Center also administers the Child Care Access Means Parents in School grant (CCAMPIS), a federally-funded program that supports Pell-grant eligible students with funding to assist with child care costs.
To get started complete the Parenting Resource Center survey.
The Parenting Resource Center is supported by generous grants from The John A. Schroth Family Charitable Trust and the U.S. Department of Education.