Glossary & Important Information for Health & Public Safety Division Students
HPS Student Handbook - 2020-2021
HPS 2020-21 Student Handbook (PDF)
Selective Admission (Progression)
Due to high demand and limited availability of clinical sites, some Health and Public Safety programs have Selective Admission, sometimes referred to as "Progression." Learn more about the Selective Admission process.
TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)TEAS is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage.
- Students entering some Health and Public Safety programs with Selective Admission must complete the TEAS test
- There is a cost to take the test, and you must register in advance
- The test is given on the Cincinnati State Clifton campus
Use this link to create a TEAS profile: https://www.atitesting.com/teas/register
- If you are apply for Nursing, choose "Cincinnati State Bethesda School of Nursing"
- If you are applying for Diagnostic Medical Sonography or Occupational Therapy, choose "Cincinnati State Health & Public Safety" as your institution
Choosing Your Test Date
After you set up your profile, you will be able to view the testing dates available at Cincinnati State.
- Dates at the end of the semester always fill up quickly.
- If Cincinnati State dates are filled, you will have to choose a testing site that is not located at Cincinnati State (but allows other colleges to use their testing site).
Students requesting Accommodations for Testing
If you are registered with the Office of Disability Services at Cincinnati State and need accommodations for the TEAS test, you must contact Debra Lierl at Cincinnati State (email@example.com) before you register to take the TEAS test.
- Contact Debra as soon as possible in the semester you plan to take the test.
- The deadline for contacting Debra is three weeks before the end of the semester you plan to take the test.