CCP | New Applicants
SO YOU WANT TO BE A CCP STUDENT? HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
How to Apply
To apply to the College Credit Plus (CCP) Program:
- Gather your Social Security Number and State Student ID (SSID).
Your SSID is provided by your public high school.
- Click the “APPLY NOW” button below, and complete the online CCP application.
After you submit the online CCP application, you will receive next-step instructions by email.
- To be admitted to the CCP program, you are required to submit your High School transcripts, any placement test information you may have (such as ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer), and your school district must complete the CCP Authorization electronic form. This form is linked in the next-step instructions you will receive by email after you submit the online CCP application. The form is also available from the “Resources for Parents/Students” and “Resources for School Partners” pages of this website.
NOTE: Information specific to Private and Home Schooled students is on the “Private and Home School Students” page.
NOTE: Processing times may vary. For PRIORITY ADMISSION, all required admission documents must be submitted to the Cincinnati State Office of Admission at least one month prior to the start of the semester when you wish to register for classes. Students who do not submit the required admission documents at least one month prior to the start of the semester are not guaranteed to be admitted to the CCP program in time to register for classes.
The high school transcripts and placement scores (ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, etc.) can be submitted to the Office of Admission:
|USPS||Cincinnati State Technical & Community College|
Office of Admission
3520 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45223
NOTE: The CCP Authorization electronic form must also be submitted to be eligible to participate. Your school district must complete and submit this electronic form on your behalf.
If you have not taken a placement test (ACT, SAT or Accuplacer), you may be required to do so to be eligible to participate/register for courses. Make arrangements to take the Accuplacer test prior to attending an Orientation session.
- Please carefully review the Testing Center webpage for the most up to date information regarding Accuplacer testing through Cincinnati State.
- Students must first submit the online CCP Application to be eligible to take the Accuplacer test.
- Students testing at Cincinnati State (Clifton or Middletown Campuses) are required to bring a photo ID with them to be eligible to take the placement test.
Notice of Admission
After Cincinnati State receives your online CCP application, the completed CCP Authorization electric form, and your high school transcripts, you will be notified via email of acceptance to the CCP Program. The email message contains information regarding Orientation requirements for CCP students.
REMINDER: If you have not provided placement test scores, you may be required to take the Accuplacer test to determine eligibility to participate.
For optimal course selection and registration, prospective CCP students are encouraged to submit the online CCP Application and other required documentation by the timeline outlined below:
- For Summer registration: Submit all materials by March 1
- For Fall registration: Submit all materials by May 1
- For Spring registration: Submit all materials by November 1
NOTE: These are suggested timelines, not deadlines. Cincinnati State’s CCP Program has rolling admissions. Private and Home schooled student should refer to the Ohio Department of Higher Education website regarding other deadlines that could affect funding opportunities.
Although Cincinnati State has flexible admission deadlines, your high school may have strict deadlines. You are responsible for meeting any deadlines imposed by your high school that affect your eligibility to participate in the CCP program.
Orientation, Advising & Registration
All students who are accepted into the CCP Program must participate in CCP Orientation. Instructions for participating in CCP Orientation are included in the email message to accepted CCP students.
Students who plan to participate in courses offered at Cincinnati State or online, and not those courses reserved for their high school, are required to attend an Advising and Registration session. Instructions on how to set up an advising session are included in the email message to accepted CCP students, and are on the Advising & Registration page on this website.
REMINDER: If you have not provided placement test scores, you may be required to take the Accuplacer to be eligible to participate in the CCP program.
To be eligible to participate, CCP students taking classes on our campus or online must communicate with an Academic Advisor to plan and register for classes. Our Academic Advisors work closely with CCP students to ensure they understand college expectations, are taking college courses applicable to both high school graduation and long-term college goals, and to monitor student progress. Details about this process are covered during CCP Orientation.
NOTE: If you plan to participate as a CCP student in courses ONLY offered in your high school, please check with your Guidance Counselor for alternative procedures available at your high school.