ALL CINCINNATI STATE CAMPUSES ARE OPEN
- At Clifton Campus, the Health Professions Building (HPB) and the Advanced Technology and Learning Center (ATLC) are open.
- The MAIN Building remains closed for assessment and repairs. Please do not try to enter the MAIN Building. Do not use the skywalks that connect MAIN to HPB and ATLC.
- In-person classes that were meeting previously in the MAIN Building have been moved.
- Most classes have moved to the Health Professions Building or the Advanced Technology and Learning Center.
- For a few courses, some class activities have moved to other locations.
- Instructors will notify students about class location and activities that have or are moving to new locations.
Coming to Clifton Campus:
- The College is providing free parking on Clifton Campus for Fall Semester.
- On days/times classes are in session, all entrances to the ATLC and the HPS will be open.
- College Drive is closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Students and employees should avoid walking near the Main Building because of ongoing construction/recovery work.
Student Services in ATLC:In-person services located in the ATLC have resumed operations, including Registrar, Financial Aid, and Admissions (Welcome Center)
The Cashier's Window in the ATLC will be closed during Fall Semester but payments can be made in these ways:
- Drop off a payment in the Drop Box next to the Cashier's window on the ATLC second floor. (Drop box is checked daily)
- Mail the payment to Cincinnati State College, Attn: Cashier Office, 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45223
- Pay by credit card (a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% or a minimum of $3 will be charged)
- Pay by eCheck - Download the PDF for eCheck payment steps.
For more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-569-1580 option #3
- The College Bookstore in the ATLC is open. Check service hours at https://www.bkstr.com/cincinnatistatetechstore/store-hours
- Food service at the Overlook Cafe (provided by Kate's Catering) is available Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Distribution of loaner laptop computers and Wi-Fi hotspots to students who received email confirmation of their request is available in ATLC 007 (near the Welcome Center) Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The student who reserved the equipment must pick it up in person
- Be prepared to show your College ID or driver's license
- Students who are registered for Fall classes can request a laptop or hotspot by logging into MyCState/Blackboard, and then clicking this link: COVID-19 Student Technology Loaner Program.
- Allow 2 days for form processing. When approved, you will receive an “eForm Approved” message via Cincinnati State email.
- For help completing the eForm, call 513-569-1234.
Offices and services relocated from MAIN include:
- Interim Dean Yvonne Baker - ATLC 440
- Associate Dean Laura Horn - ATLC 437
Engineering & Information Technologies
- Dean Doug Bowling - ATLC 435
- Associate Dean Kim McMillan - ATLC 435
Humanities & Sciences
- Dean Geoff Woolf - ATLC 439
- Associate Dean Angela Haensel - ATLC 437
- Associate Dean Shirley Piazza - Working remotely
Administrative Support for BTD, EIT, and H&S Divisions - ATLC 437
Other Student Services:
- Library - Remote services only at this time
- Office of Disability Services - ATLC 412 & 413. An appointment is required for in-person services.
- TRIO/College Access Programs - Remote services only
- Veteran Students - Remote services only
- International Students - Remote services only
- College Credit Plus - Remote services only
- Parenting Resource Center - Remote services only
- Mallory Center - Services temporarily suspended
- Testing Center - Remote services only (Accuplacer testing)
Information for Faculty and Staff:
- Individuals who need to retrieve materials from classrooms or offices in Main should contact your Dean or Manager.
- Parking Lot D is open, with limited employee parking.
- College Drive is closed at the top of the drive. Vehicle and pedestrian traffic near the Main Building is prohibited.
Early on Monday, Aug. 31, it was discovered that the basement level in the Main Building on Cincinnati State's Clifton Campus had been flooded by water coming from a break in a pressurized water pipe that feeds the building's fire suppression system.
The College engaged multiple specialist companies to remove the water and restore the electrical and other systems on Clifton Campus. Power was restored to the Health Professions Building (HPB) and the Advanced Technology and Learning Center (ATLC) on Sept. 8. Work is continuing to restore systems in the Main Building.
No damage occurred in HPB or ATLC. While the Main Building remains closed for assessment and repairs, classes and services that were in Main have been relocated to HPB or ATLC. In a few instances, specialized labs have moved to other locations. Students have received additional information from their instructors.