What is TRIO?
TRIO Student Support Services is a Federally-funded program that provides students with help to successfully navigate through college and complete their graduation requirements.
- Academic Coaching
- Individual & Group Tutoring
- Financial Aid Assistance
- TRIO Grant Aid/Scholarships (if eligible)
- Study Center with computers
- Academic Resources
- Career and College Transfer Services
- Resource Referral Service
Who is Eligible?
Students complete an application to enroll into the program. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (the applicant's parents or guardian have not earned a bachelor’s degree)
- Meet federal income guidelines as outlined by the U.S. Department of Education
- Have a disability documented by a certifying professional
How to Apply
If you meet the qualifications of the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program, you may apply online through Cincinnati State’s website:
- Log onto www.cincinnatistate.edu and select "MyCState"
- Enter your Cincinnati State username and password
- Scroll down the page until you see TRIO SSS PROGRAM APPLICATION on the left side of the page
- Click the link, fill out the information, and "submit" your application
TRIO Student Support Services
Location: 131B, Main Building (Clifton Campus)
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday