Clifton Campus Updates: Learn More


Non-Degree Seeking & Visiting Students

A non-degree seeking or visiting student (NDS) is:

  • Enrolled or planning to enroll at another institution; seeking transferable credits from Cincinnati State, but not a degree or certificate

  • Not enrolled or planning to enroll at another institution; not seeking a degree or certificate from Cincinnati State, but taking courses for personal or professional purposes

Apply to Cincinnati State online

Apply to Cincinnati State online here

  • Select the Standard application and fill in the needed information.
  • You will be asked “What are your Cincinnati State plans?”
    • If you plan to transfer Cincinnati State credits to your home institution, choose “To take classes as a visiting student”
    • Or, choose “To obtain knowledge for personal interest” 
  • Either of these options will identify you as a Non-Degree Seeking (NDS) student. 

After you are admitted as a NDS student, you will receive an email message with information about your student ID number, username, and how to log in to MyCState.

Register for Cincinnati State classes

Register on-line:

Follow this link to learn how to register on-line.

Register in-person

Come to the Registrar's Office (room 105 of the Advanced Technology Learning Center (ATLC), near the Overlook Café, Clifton campus) to register for courses in person.

Register via e-mail:

  • Choose "Search for Classes"
  • Select the “Semester” you wish to attend
  • Enter the subject code and course number for the courses you want to register for
  • Click "submit" and you'll see the list of available classes
  • Make note of the courses and sections (class days/times) you want to register for (example, ENG-101-001)
  • From your Cincinnati State email account, mail the list of courses you want to take (including for each course the subject code, course number, and section number) to:
  • The Registrar’s Office will register you for the courses you want to take, and send you an email confirmation
  • After your registration is complete, you can view your schedule in "MyServices for Students" on your “Registration Statement” 

Pay for Cincinnati State classes

Note: NDS students are not eligible to receive financial aid

Pay online (preferred method):

  • Log into MyServices and select “Make a Payment.”

Pay in-person:

  • Come to the Cashier's Office (Clifton Campus, Advanced Technology Learning Center (ATLC) Building, Room 204B) to pay for courses in person. The payment must be in cash.

Obtain a Surge Card (student ID card)

  • Go to the Student Activities office (Clifton Campus, ATLC Building, Room 204) to obtain your Surge Card.
  • To obtain your SurgeCard, you must have your Cincinnati State student ID number (on your registration statement) and picture identification.
  • Your Surge Card is your official student identification and can be used to check out resources in the Library, to print in campus computer labs, for access to the gym, and other uses.

Purchase books

Get Parking/Transportation information

  • Campus parking:
    • A parking permit is $75 a semester and allows unlimited parking in student lots and the garages. Purchase a permit through MyServices.
    • Daily parking in the Central Parkway Garage and designated lots is $5 per day.
  • Bus discount card: After you get your Surge Card, you can apply for a Metro Card (bus discount card) through MyServices.

Check SurgeMail

  • Check your Cincinnati State email daily for important updates.

Request Transcript

  • When you want to transfer the record of your Cincinnati State classes to your home institution, complete the Transcript Request Form available here and in MyServices.


Binary Data

Get More Information

Complete this short form to download your free college brochure.