Waiving proof of English ability
If you are from one of the countries listed below, you will not be required to show proof of English ability in order to be admitted to Cincinnati State:
- Antigua & Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Canada (except Quebec)
- Cayman Islands
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- United Kingdom
Showing proof of English ability
- If you are not from one of the countries listed above, you will be required to submit proof of English ability, even if you are a native English speaker.
- English ability can be shown through either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Test results must be less than two years old.
- 500 Paper
- 173 Computer
- 61 Internet
- 5.0 Overall score
Taking an English test
- The TOEFL and IELTS tests are offered throughout the year in many locations.
- Applicants are responsible for paying the cost of testing.
- Please allow 10 to 15 days for your test to be scored and for results to be sent to Cincinnati State.
Submitting your English test scores
- Log in to your account at toefl.org
- Use code 1984 to send scores to Cincinnati State
- When registering for the IELTS, list Cincinnati State as a school to receive your scores
- If you have already taken the IELTS, contact your testing center and have results mailed to:
Office of Admission
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
3520 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45223-2690
Contact the Office of International Student Affairs at (513) 569-4769 or InternationalStudentAffairs@cincinnatistate.edu