The Workforce Development Center (WDC) offers several grants and scholarship opportunities to future and current students. These funds are dedicated to specific courses and programs. Please contact the WDC team for eligibility questions and how to apply.
The TechCred program supports workforce development efforts in Ohio by reimbursing employers who upgrade their workers’ skills. Click here for a list of credentials offered.
- Employers can be reimbursed up to $2,000 per employee if their employees complete eligible technology-focused credentials.
- Designated providers of credentials include universities, community colleges like Cincinnati State and the colleges’ Workforce Development Center (WDC).
- Eligible credentials must be short-term programs of less than 30 credit hours (or 900 clock hours) that can be completed in 12 months or less.
Audience: Future and continuing students enrolled in Advanced Manufacturing or Industrial Maintenance programs.
Partial grants are available in the following programs:
- Additive Manufacturing Technician: 3D Printing for Industry
- CNC Machine Tool Operator
- CNC Machine Tool Programmer
- Mechatronics Technician Certificate
- Robotics Technician Certificate
- Industrial Controls & Instrumentation Certificate
- Industrial Electrical Technician Certificate
- Programmable Logic Controller Certificate
- Machine Maintenance Technician
Questions? Contact Nicole Jenkins, Project Manager, for more details.
Foster Youth Grant
Audience: Future and continuing students enrolled in a short-term certificate program (less than 30 credit hours). Students must be Ohio residents. The student must be a recipient, current or former, of foster care.
The Foster Youth Grant program provides eligible students with grants of up to $2,000 to cover tuition and fees for short-term certificate programs.
- Short term certificate programs typically take less than one year to complete.
- The certificate must lead to or direct the student toward an industry-recognized credential for an in-demand job.
Who is eligible?
- You must have been, or currently in, the foster care system in the state of Ohio.
- You must be an Ohio resident.
For additional information about the Foster Care Youth certificate grant, please visit: http://bit.ly/2NDLNf2
Audience: Future and continuing students enrolled in the Additive Manufacturing Technician Program*
Partial grants are available to help cover course fees. Please contact Jerry.Whitaker@cincinnatistate.edu to learn more.
Audience: Future and continuing students enrolled in an Industrial Maintenance Technology Programs*
Partial grants are available to help cover course fees in Industrial Maintenance Programs. Please contact askWDC@cincnnatistate.edu to learn more.
Audience: Future and continuing students enrolled in an Advanced Manufacturing Programs*
Partial grants are available to help cover course fees in Advanced Manufacturing Programs. Please contact Jerry.Whitaker@cincinnatistate.edu to learn more.
Audience: Future and continuing students enrolled in any Workforce Development Center Program*
Partial grants are available to help cover course fees. Please contact askWDC@cincinatistate.edu to learn more.
*Eligibility, restrictions and limitations may apply